On every year October 29th is celebrated as World Psoriasis Day throughout the world. This day is celebrated to give a voice to more than 130 million people with Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis around the World.
World Psoriasis Day is celebrated around the world to create awareness about the Psoriasis, to improve access to treatment and to spread the information about psoriasis and its complications. It also helps to build unity among psoriasis community.
Many psoriasis organizations, groups around the world joined together in 2004 to discuss of having a dedicated day for Psoriasis. The members of various groups of psoriasis around the world launched the World psoriasis day as 29th October.
World Psoriasis Day is presented by International Federation of Psoriasis Associations (IFPA). Various organization around the world join together with IFPA to organize various activities with a dedicated theme every year.
Facts about Psoriasis
- Psoriasis is an immune-mediated, genetic disease manifesting in the skin and/or the joints.
- There are more than 125 million people, or nearly 3% of the world’s population, men, women, and children, even newborn babies, who endure the symptoms of psoriasis.
- People with psoriasis are at an increased risk for other inflammatory diseases
- Severe psoriasis…is associated with increased risk of cardiovascular death
- Psoriasis has no known cure…no single treatment works for everyone
- Psoriasis patients are twice as likely to have thoughts of suicide, compared with others who suffer from chronic diseases.
- Psoriasis is not contagious.
Join us to create awareness about psoriasis and to help those who are suffering from psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.