Scalp psoriasis starts in the same way as on other parts of the body. In the initial stage, it may be unnoticed or confused with dandruff and it is covered by hairs. In the scalp, the scales build up fast causing thicker plaque and trapped by the hair it becomes more difficult to treat.
Scalp psoriasis extended to the neck
Scalp Psoriasis extended to the forehead
Scalp Psoriasis behind the ear
Scalp Psoriasis complete
Signs and Symptoms of Scalp Psoriasis
In early-stage scalp psoriasis, it may show slight, fine scaling and in moderate to severe scalp psoriasis include
- The red patches are covered in thick silvery-white scales.
- Dandruff-like flaking.
- Skin flakes that may attach to the hair shaft.
- Dry scalp.
- Patchy silvery scales or thick crust on the scalp that may bleed when removed.
- Patches that may extend beyond hairline (forehead, back of the ear, neck).
- Can be extremely itchy (sometimes it isn’t itchy).
- Hair loss.
How to differentiate between Scalp Psoriasis and Dandruff?
In the initial stage, it is difficult to differentiate between Scalp Psoriasis and Dandruff. Both are common skin conditions which effect Scalp. These two conditions also share similar symptoms like itchy, red, scaly skin which makes it even harder to differentiate between the two.
Though two conditions look similar there are some other aspects where they differ from each other. As there are no tests available to diagnose these condition it can be done only through visual examination of the scalp by the doctor will able to make the diagnosis, In general, the following table will help you to get an idea of the differences between scalp psoriasis and dandruff.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Scalp Psoriasis
In Ayurveda treatment for scalp psoriasis is not only done on the scalp but to the person as a whole. Scalp Psoriasis treatment is aimed to reverse the complete pathology from its initial level itself to help in alleviating the disease completely. In Scalp psoriasis, the scalp can be considered as the place of expression where the disease-causing toxins are present all over the body. So it is very important to treat the person as a whole to alleviate the scalp psoriasis.
The following steps are followed in treating scalp psoriasis
- Digestion of undigested food materials(Ama).
- Elimination of undigested food materials.
- Normalizing the movements of body humor.
- Stimulation of biological fire.
- Clearing the Channels.
- Internal and External use of unctuous substances.
- Inducing Sweat.
- Medication to support the healing process.
- Medication to strengthen and prevent reoccurrence.
- Topical therapies.
Few case studies of Scalp Psoriasis through Ayurvedic Treatments
1st Visit Pictures
2nd Visit pictures
3rd Visit Pictures
4th Visit Pictures
Benefits of Ayurvedic Treatment for Scalp Psoriasis
- Treatments are aimed to eliminate the root cause rather giving symptomatic relief.
- Completely natural and effective.
- Diet and lifestyle modification to lead a healthy life.
- Preventive care to stop reoccurrence.
- Checks further aggravation of the disease.
* “Results may vary from person to person.”